After you installed visual code studio and python on windows, you may get the error after trying installing some libraries using pip install, for example:
“cmd: The term ‘pip’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.”
The problem is occurred because cmd doesn’t know what is pip and where it’s located. We need to tell the system so. Let’s find out where you python being installed and fix the issue very quick:
- Start –> python 3.8 (will show up in the list as an app) –> right click, open file location. It will bring you to the folder where shortcuts were created, find the one that has Python 3.8 (32-bit) or the version you installed
- Right click –> open file location –> go to the folder Scripts.
- Copy the path
- Start –> this PC –> right click –>properties –> advanced system settings –> advanced –> environment variables
- If in the list of user variables PATH exist, select and click edit.
- Edit –> paste the path from python –> ok
- Start –> cmd –> right click –> run as administrator. Try pip -v ( should provide the version of the package manager
- Enjoy your python!